JOB DESCRIPTION Head of Procurement & Vendor Management
- £74-78k p.a + £400pcm Car Allowance
- Based in Tewkesbury
- Dependant on Experience | Permanent | 37.5 hours
DAEL Ventures Group supports and oversees four main Operating Companies who provide a wide range of activities, products and services related to telecoms critical national network infrastructure to some of the largest Mobile Operators and Tower Companies in the UK. Across the Group DAEL and its Group Companies spend more than £20m p.a Capex and Opex across +250 Suppliers and Partners. Across the DAEL Ventures Group our Telecom division provide specialist qualified expertise and services for site acquisition, planning and design of 3G, 4G, 4G MaMIMO and 5G Masts. In addition, DAEL Ventures Group deliver build and deployment, installation and commissioning of both fixed and temporary Mobile Masts to support or expand the Mobile Operators nationwide networks supporting tens of millions of customers, including the Emergency Services. Also, the Group offer decommission services to Mobile Mast sites at the end of life. Our JBTowers division provides specialist technical and innovative engineering solutions to Telecom Operators and TV Broadcasters providing mission critical services through our dedicated supply chain. Finally, Jistics and WaveAmbda owns, manages support the UK’s largest independent portfolio of Temporary Mobile Structures to enhance customers coverage and capacity, plus offer secure communications to the MoD and other Security Services.
This role, Head of Procurement & Vendor Management is a new and exciting role sitting in the Group Commercial Function, reporting to the Group Chief Commercial Officer based in our Tewkesbury Office, near Cheltenham. The role is an important step forward in the growth of the business and enables the right candidate to shape the future supply chain strategy of the Group. The successful candidate will oversee all external Capex and Opex spend across the four Operating Companies, from supplier selection, on-boarding, business case analysis, management of wide scale sourcing events and commercial renewals (RFI/RFS/RFP/BAFO/Award), through to the implementation of Vendor Management within the IACCM framework. In addition, the successful candidate will support the Group CCO in integrating a new savings methodology aimed at driving 7% YoY P&L affecting savings, inclusive of both embedded and cost avoidance where possible, based on actual spend forecasts. Finally, working collaboratively with other departments including Group Finance, lead the project to introduce Category Spend Management and the inclusion of UNSPSC codification to enable stronger data reporting and spend forecasting.
Head of Procurement & Vendor Management
Group Chief Commercial Officer
Head Office: Steinhoff Building, Formal Industrial Park, Northway Lane, Tewkesbury, GL20 8GY with UK wide travel as required.
To work closely with the Group CCO, CFO and business leaders to implement robust and safe procurement processes to ensure we are getting the right quality, service, timeliness and price from vendors that match our strategy and meet the demands of our growing business across diverse markets.
- Ensure the health & safety of all employees/contractors/supplier and partners is paramount and all times.
- Develop, implement and embed the Group procurement strategy and translate corporate and business goals into actionable procurement targets to ensure the successful delivery of procurement/purchasing and vendor management activity across the Group.
- The development, execution and on-going management of all Group contracts and related activities. This involves and is not limited to demand management, sourcing execution, contract negotiation, delivery planning and ongoing vendor performance management and improvement.
- Lead the negotiation strategy for large and complex contracts and partner with Legal to ensure appropriate clauses are included in the contracts.
- Assemble reports in line with business requirements and develop vendor scorecards and dashboards for presenting financial and performance results including quality, capacities, systems and responsiveness.
- Liaise regularly with business leaders to establish priorities, remove blockers and communicate status and risk to the leadership team.
- Act as the point of contact for escalation and arbitration for relationship issues and contractual conflicts.
- Ensure the highest standards of procurement and supply chain management are adhered to whilst ensuring that legal, ethical and environmentally sound purchasing practices are followed.
- Deliver procurement savings against industry targets and work with Finance to ensure reporting of key metrics for cost savings and avoidance to deliver P&L (EBITDA) tangible savings to the Group.
- Maximise the Groups investments by being accountable for spend across IT/Software, Property, Fleet etc.
- Identify and support investment in people & training.
- Team succession & progression planning.
- Drive innovation and continuous improvement activities with the aim of ensuring that the Procurement function is seen as 'best in class'.
- Lead the implementation of and then maintain year on year the UNSPSC Project.
- Take ownership for the new DI (Degree of Implementation) saving methodology and lead and deliver year on year.
- Working closely with the Sales & Marketing teams on bid management and renewals
This list is not exhaustive, and the job holder will be expected to become involved in a range of activities to enable the Company to succeed.
- Significant experience in procurement and supplier contract management, including negotiation (new and performance related) in a fast paced, diverse, commercial/build environment.
- Experience of working within a Group structure, supporting differing internal client needs and pressures.
- Experience of category management and of using this methodology in complex commercial environments.
- Commercial sales and/or business development experience.
- Background in telecoms (Mobile or fixed).
- Experience in Construction based offerings including Power, Rail, Fixed Telecoms, Fibre.
Skills and qualifications:
- Professional qualification such as MCIPS and evidence of continuing professional development.
- A-Level qualifications (higher level qualifications in a numerate subject).
- Strong leadership, influencing, motivation and risk-based management skills, sets high standards and leads from the front.
- Ability to build trusting partnerships by influencing others with a flexible, politically astute and diplomatic working style.
- Excellent supplier relationship management and negotiating skills, drawing up and dealing with contracts of high value and complexity, and managing supplier Service Level Agreements.
- Proactive in approach, passion to succeed, delivery focused and assertive.
- Concise and influential communicator, able to discuss complex issues with clarity and credibility to a cross functional audience of varied experience.
- Strong time management skills and the ability to meet and/or exceed deadlines.
- Good/up to date knowledge of MS-Office with strong excel skills.
- Able to work in a team environment and be an effective team player.
- Drives understanding and staff development through high quality and consistent feedback.
- Ability to manage conflict, complexity and challenging targets.
- Educated to degree level in a relevant subject.
- Civil or Electrical Engineering Qualifications.
- International Association of Commercial Contract Management (IACCM).
- World Commerce & Contracting Association.
- Association for Supply Chain Management (APICS).
- Agile mindset based on strong moral compass and driven entrepreneurial outlook.
- Risk-based management skills and outlook.
- A positive “can-do” attitude and passion to succeed.
- Enjoys working collaboratively.
- Motivated by challenge.
- Culturally Astute.
- High level of emotional intelligence.
- Willing to learn and pursue relevant qualifications.
- Ability to work additional hours and travel to other office/client offices as required.
- Full UK driving licence.
- Ability to hold security clearance if required.
- Read, understand and comply with all internal policies for ISO:9001, ISO:14001, ISO:18001/45001 and ISO:27001 including compliance orders.
- Co-operating with the Group requirements and policies to achieve safe, healthy, and environmentally sound operations on and off site.
- Co-operate with instructions from the auditing department or management; and reporting any lack of business process-training requirements.
- Ensure that customer requirements and applicable statutory and regulatory requirements are determined, met, and maintained.
- Maintain focus on enhancing customer satisfaction.
- Functional and hierarchical escalation of work-related incidents, risk and whistle blowing as required.
- Responsible for raising awareness of non-compliance.
- Complete any mandatory & compliance training.
Are you interested? Would you like to develop yourself and would you like to work with the latest technology? Great! Then we would like to get acquainted! Make a non-committal appointment right away. Or inform first when you would like to get to know more about the possibilities at DAEL.